While not every printer is 100% compatible with the printer that we use for the development of this program, most likely you will still be able to use ChequeMe by following the suggestions below:
- Try to print on an A4 paper, does it print the content properly?
- If you can see the printed text on an A4 paper, then you may try to insert a used cheque, or a blank paper which is cut to the size of your cheque to test if it prints properly?
- If the printing is not 100% satisfactory:
- If all content is printed, but the alignment is out, then access Tools->Options...->Printer Adjustment->Shift Printed Text, and try different shifting patterns and values to get the best result. However, if some portion of the content is always out of alignment regardless of how you adjust, then it is very likely that the cheque design has already changed, and you will have to contact me to update the cheque support.
- If the printed content is at the middle of the A4 paper, then you may need to access Tools->Options...->Printer Adjustment->Shift Printed Text and set a relatively large shifting in order to print on your cheques.
- If the last one or two digits of Date is missing, then access Tools->Options...->Printer Adjustment->Printable Cheque Width Extension, and start with a lower value until you see all content printed.
- If nothing is printed on the cheque at all, then you may need to access Tools->Options...->Printer, and change the Cheque Orientation. If this does not yield desired result, then you may need to try out Tools->Options...->Printer Adjustment->Shift Printed Text or Tools->Options...->Printer Adjustment->Printable Cheque Width Extension or the combination of them to see if it works.